Demand Response stabilizes the power grid through intelligent management of loads and decentralized generation.
Benefits for industrial, commercial and municipal power customers
- Trading of flexibility in production processes and in the electrical assets in the power markets and with grid operations
- Supporting a sustainable energy system
- Motivating staff, improving company reputation with customers and building your brand
Benefits for operators of renewable energy facilities
- With increasing shares of renewable energy in the energy mix, the intelligent and flexible management of biogas, wind and photovoltaic facilities are becoming financially incentivized.
- Participation in the EEG market bonus scheme allows trading in the balancing energy markets at the same time.
- Supporting a sustainable energy system.
Benefits for energy retailers, utilities, and service providers
- Energy retailers, utilities, EEG direct marketers and “green power retailers” optimize their balancing groups, reduce balance power costs, or participate in the reserve power markets.
- Supporting a sustainable energy System.
- Motivating staff, improving company reputation with customers and building your brand.
Benefits for grid operators
- Improved integration of renewable energy into the grid
- Further resource for network stability
- More competition in the reserve energy market
- High acceptance of DR in society
Benefits for the national economy
- Reduction in CO2 emissions, as fewer peak load power stations are required
- Reduced costs in the area of grid expansion and building further generation capacity
- Creation of a fully automated control circuit and therefore improved balancing of the non-continuous feed-in of renewable energy without having to use peak load power stations fired by fossil fuels
- Faster, more cost-effective and greener than other infrastructure measures for the energy revolution